Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ricky: I love txt with Becks
By PAT SHEEHAN

RICKY HATTON has revealed how David Beckham will put a night with the boys ahead of a night with the girls after discovering the joy of text.
The pair met in Los Angeles while the Hitman was promoting his fight with unbeaten American legend Floyd Mayweather.


Now Hatton has invited the England star to be a ringside guest for the showdown at the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas on December 8.
That is the night Becks’ wife Posh is performing over the road at the Mandalay Bay on the Spice Girls Re-Union world tour.


So Becks aims to watch the fight before sprinting across the Vegas Strip to hear Posh and Co.
Hatton said: “David’s agent got in touch with my man Paul Speak to invite me to an LA Galaxy game.


“I was in LA promoting my fight against Mayweather and I thought ’fantastic.’ Everyone is a David Beckham fan so I jumped at the chance.

“I got straight off the plane, went straight to the ground and met him in his box. He signed a shirt for me and a pair of boots for my son Campbell. He posed for pictures.

“We exchanged numbers and I said if there was anything I could do his charities or if he wanted tickets for the Mayweather fight, just ask.

“He sent me a few texts and I replied. Now he is coming to a fight which is brilliant.”
Manchester United’s hitman Wayne Rooney carried Hatton’s belts into the ring the last time he fought in Vegas against Luis Castillo and they have remained great pals.
Hatton is equally impressed with Beckham. He added: “He is softly spoken, but a good laugh and a real class act.


“I’d never seen a man more groomed in my life. He was only there to watch a football match, but there wasn’t a hair out of place and his eyebrows were plucked . . . I’ve never been that smart in my life.

“I can’t speak any higher of him. When you think how much he is in the public eye and to remain so humble proves he is a class act.”

Hatton, now established as one of the most recognised faces in the world of sport, admits he is still stunned at mixing with celebs.

He said: “Sometimes you exchange numbers and tell people you’re there if they need anything, but the last thing I expected was a text from David asking ‘How’s your training going champ?’
“Just the other day he texted me and said he can’t wait for the fight and it was his first major boxing show.


“When I received the first one I had to tell my dad. I have to pinch myself sometimes.
“People say to me that when I beat Floyd and become the best pound for pound fighter on the plant people will say the same things about me. I can never get my head round that.”

(courtey of thesun)

i came across this article from a blog and find it a lil amusing although not surprise reading it. ive been a fan of him since im in junior high and convinced hes more than a football star. some say hes only thinking about himself and his career. but i dont think so. he wouldnt be thinking of coming back to london and play for england after have been left out since ste-c took over as england manager if not bcoz of his love to his country. 10 months later ste-c era, he took a huge turn after more and more disastrous results coming his way. its nice to know there are people out there who appreciate becks as an individual not as a superstar.

No comments: