Monday, September 11, 2006


9 September 2006
EXCLUSIVE: POSH ..ON EVERYTHING


VICTORIA BECKHAM REVEALS ALL


Caroline Hedley In Venice

WITH a new career to boost her confidence and thoughts of another child occupying her mind, things could not be better for Victoria Beckham right now.
The 32-year-old last night told how she would love a baby girl as a sister to sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz and said switching from pop to the fashion industry was the best move she ever made.
But in an astonishingly frank interview, Posh also tells of her heartache at husband David's axe from the England squad by new boss Steve McClaren and even confesses she reckons Becks is sexier than her.

Speaking of her plans for a new baby next year, revealed by the Mirror yesterday, Victoria said: "I would love a little girl. Our boys are phenomenal but a girl would just complete our family.
"But at the moment I take my Pill every morning as now isn't quite the right time.
"When you're in the public eye they expect you to pop one out every year. I mean, Cruz is still so young. One minute they're saying I'm pregnant, the next I'm too thin to get pregnant. I can't keep up."
Speaking at the launch of her and David's new fragrance Intimately Beckham in Venice, Posh laughed off rumours computer artists had given her a Jennifer Lopez-style sexy bottom for advertising campaign photos.
She insisted: "Honestly, the pictures weren't worked on nearly as much as everyone thought. I was really sticking my bum out. When you haven't got one you learn how to fake it."
Launching her fashion career, which includes her own make-up range, sunglasses and Rock & Republic jeans, has helped Victoria shake off the jibes she had to put up with about her solo singing career which flopped miserably.
She said: "I never used to be able to wake up in the morning knowing 'I'm brilliant at what I do'. I was never a great singer and I knew that.
"But now it's amazing, I'm doing something I'm actually very good at. I can confidently sit in a room with Donatella Versace or anyone in the fashion business and be respected as I know what I'm talking about.
"It's the first time I've ever felt like that and I can't explain how good that feels." But while she has an army of admiring male fans, Posh said her husband is far sexier because it "comes naturally" to the Real Madrid star.
She added: "I always say to David, you've got so much more going for you. You're naturally so talented and good looking, so much more so than me.
"Everyone always says, 'Oh David, he's so good-looking and so sexy', whereas I'm 'funny'. I don't want to be 'funny'. What do I have to do to be seen as sexy, too."
Branching out into international fashion has also helped Victoria make more A-list friends, including new parents Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - who she defended from recent attacks by critics claiming they are a weird couple because of his Scientology beliefs.
She said: "People say he's strange or whatever but he's not, he's just a genuinely lovely caring person.
"And Katie? I have to say she's one of the most down-to-earth celebrities I've ever met and they really are great. I couldn't imagine a better person for Tom and it's brilliant that she's made him so happy."
Posh hopes to meet the couple's baby Suri soon but said Tom keeps her up to date with his daughter's progress.
She added: "I haven't seen Suri in the flesh yet, just in pictures and she looks so beautiful, the spitting image of her dad. Tom calls me all the time and he's so in love with that little girl, he'll phone just to talk about her."
Things may be rosy in Victoria's life, but David had to put up with the misery of being dropped from England after McClaren took over.
He has kept a dignified silence on the matter but Posh believes the whole saga was handled wrongly. She said: "It's not really for me to say but if I'm honest I don't think it was all done in the right way. David wears his heart on his sleeve and yes, he was a bit upset by it.
"All I'll say is 'Is he not one of the best 23 footballers in the country?' But whatever happens he knows he's got the support of me and the boys."
Turning to her boys, she told how four year-old Romeo is interested in football, but said he was also picking up the Beckham trait of wanting to look good.
She added: "He's so into his looks it's something else. He'll say 'Mummy, I want to wear this hat with this outfit' and he won't leave the house until he's looking just right."
David told how he has been keeping a close eye on seven-year-old Brooklyn's soccer skills.
He gushed: "Brooklyn is the most amazing footballer. He managed 17 keepie-uppies the other day which for a boy his age is quite incredible.
"All he wants to do is play football and we're always kicking about in the garden together.
"He's showing amazing potential and I think he could go all the way. I'd love it if he did play for England one day. That would make me so proud."
He said 17-month-old Cruz, has "masses of curly hair just like Victoria did when she was his age"
In October, Victoria will pass on her fashion tips in a book That Extra Half An Inch. The title has sparked a lot of giggling among the Beckhams.
Posh said: "Everyone asks me if the book's title is a reference to men's parts.
"It isn't at all, it's all about heel height, but in an interview the other day I turned to David and said, 'Yes it is about size' It all counts doesn't it?
"He went so red, it was hilarious."
It appears David will spend the rest of his career in Spain, where he is adored by Real fans.
He and Posh have countless deals in the pipeline and Intimately Beckham is proving a best-seller despite not yet being on nationwide sale.
Asked what his favourite scents are, David looked at his wife and said: "Victoria when she comes out of the shower.
"And the kids, they always smell wonderful."
When Posh she is told her scent is outselling David's - her's accounts for almost 70 per cent of sales - the modest star looked shocked. She said: "I always knew David's would sell because it's him. But I wasn't sure if anyone would want to smell like me."
However, it was her who drew the gasps of admiration when she turned up at the Intimately Beckham launch in her 50s petticoat and corset at the luxury Palazzo Pisani Moretta.
But she still didn't let the adoration go to her head. Victoria said jokingly: "I look like one of those dolls that sit on top of your toilet roll."


ON THAT SEXY BUM
I was really sticking my bum out. When you havent got one you learn how to fake it


ON DAVID'S ENGLAND AXE
It's not really for me to say but if I'm honest I don't think it was all done in the right way. Yes, David was a bit upset. Is he not one of the best 23 footballers in the country?


ON ANOTHER BABY
Id love a little girl...it would just complete our family. But at the moment I take my Pill every morning as now isn't quite the right time.


ON DAVID'S TALENT
I always say to David 'You've got so much more going for you. You're naturally so talented and good looking, so much more so than me'.


ON FASHION CAREER
It's amazing - I'm doing some - thing I'm actually very good at. I can confidently sit in a room with Donatella Versace or anyone in the business and be respected. I know what I'm talking about.


ON TOM CRUISE
People say he's strange but he's not - he's just a genuinely lovely caring person. And Katie is one of the most down-to-earth celebrities I've met


ON HER TALENT
I never woke up in the morning knowing I'm brilliant at what I do. I was never a great singer and I knew that


ON ROMEO
He's so into his looks it's something else. He'll say 'Mummy, I want to wear this hat with this outfit' and he won't leave the house until he's looking just right



No comments: