Monday, March 29, 2010

Cruel summer

World Cup won't begin until June but I have already felt its pressure. I have always been a loyal fan of England, but it is due to Beckham factor. Honestly, I don't believe England will go far in South Africa but I can never say never. Apart from being one of favorites to win the trophy, England have yet to convince me to go beyond quarter finals. Having world class players such as Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard doesn't make them the toughest nut among qualifiers. But like I said, I should never say never; in football peculiar things happen.

I looked forward to the world competition which will bring hundreds of millions people sit tightly in front of their TVs to watch every game in much of interest. But how would I do that with Becks out injured and yet another Arsenal gloomy season. This season has not offered me a thing. First, it was Beckham's horror injury and then Arsenal horrendous result a couple of days ago; I might as well pack my bags to a deserted island and stay there until the competition ends. Whoever wins it, doesn't really matter to me as long as I don't have to watch England lift the cup without Becks; how the sad story will continue to barge on me for months to come.

I have slight concern though, that this might be England cherish year by winning World champions trophy in more than 40 years. Most of the times, the unexpected claims victory; sad but true.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: